Recently, I have been reading articles that analyze the success of McDonald's globally as they find a nice approach to different communities by adjusting their menus and service style accordingly.
Looking at that one story where a Japanese boy, who came across a McDonald's in the States, exclaimed,"They have Japanese food here!", we can see how McDonald's is doing a pretty
good job in terms of assimilating into different cultural communities.
I can't remember the last time I went to a McDonald's but next time I travel to another country, I am seriously going to march into their store and order whatever I have never seen before in the original American menus!
So below is a list of their products of "assimilation" from a variety of different countries!
1. [Finland & Norway] Laksewrap: Wrap with fish inside.
2. [Singapore & Philippines] McRiceburger: fried rice cakes replace bread patties.
3. [Middle East] McArabia: Grilled chicken or Kofta (grilled beef with spices) wrapped in pita bread.
4. [Morocco] Recette Moutarde: Mustart and other ingredients on ciabatta bread
5. [Dubai] Veg McPuff Pizza: tomato paste and vegetables inside rectangular dough.
6. [India] Chicken McCurry Pan: tomato curry sauce, chicken, bell peppers, cheese, and spices placed inside a dough pan.
7. [France] Croque McDo: two slices of cheese and a slice of ham grilled between two flattened buns.
8. [Germany] Beer: of course
9. [Japan] Bacon Potato Pie: mashed potatoes and bacon replace apple pie filling.
10. [Turkey] Chocolate Orange Pie: they should have this EVERYWHERE.
11. [England] Bacon Roll: Bacon with ketchup on a hard roll.
12. [Canada] Poutine: Chunks of Cheese and hot gravy poured on top of fries--this thing is delicious
, I promise.
13. [Costa Rica] Gallo pinto: beans and rice.
14. [New Zealand] Kiwiburger: egg, tomato, lettuce, cheese, onion, cooked beetroot, sauce and mustard on a bun--I would have loved to see them try to come up with something creative using kiwi for this burger though!
15. [Hawaii] McDonalds Deluxe Breakfast: Rice, Eggs, Spam, and Sausage patties.
You can find more cool Mcdonald's dishes here
Thanks for reading!Which ones have you tried? Which ones would you really want to try in the future?